Headwind MDM Community features
- Enrollment on devices by QR code scanning (Android 7.0+)
- Enrollment on devices by installation from an SD card (Android 4.0+, limited capabilities)
- Silent installation, update, and removal of applications
- Custom Android launcher
- Push notifications
- API for remote logging
- API for remote app configuration
- Multiple device groups and configurations
- Company user management and different user roles
- Manage device status
- Control device functions (GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Mobile data)
- Manage system and user applications
- Manage application versions
- Remote mobile software upgrade and downgrade
- Remote logging
- Remote bulk configuration of user applications
- On-premise platform for Push notifications
Technologies and programming languages
Headwind MDM mobile application is written in Java.
Headwind MDM Server is an Apache Tomcat application written in Java with the help of Spring framework.
Guaranteed service survival
Do you know what company IT managers fear the most? Discontinuation of the cloud service the company uses.
You can find a great cloud service for mobile device management and pay a monthly fee over a long period of time. It could work for years without issues, but suddenly, you’re notified that the service has been discontinued. In such a case, you have to rush and spend a lot of time and money to find an alternative to avoid the collapse of your IT infrastructure!
That’s why we developed an open-source system for mobile device management. When the system is open-source, you have a guarantee that it will continue.
Plugins and development
Each company has its own vision on how to manage mobile devices. To tailor our solution to the needs of most companies, Headwind MDM is plugin based.
The platform core provides the basic functions (most of them are listed above) and the public API for plugin development.
Extended functions are provided by plugins. A plugin consists of a Java code from the server side and a standalone application from the mobile device side.
An example of a facility provided by a plugin is delivery of photos from the mobile device to the server. This is a plugin available in the Enterprise edition.
Each developer can contribute by developing a plugin either for their client or for public usage.