A typical case of efficient MDM usage in the retail business is the management of merchandisers’ mobile devices.
Merchandisers are responsible for the product appearance on store shelves. They travel from store to according to their daily schedule and their work “in the field” is supported by corporate-owned tablets running the field service management software.
Their tablets must be up-to-date, error-free, and require regular IT maintenance. Workers must not be able to use their tablets for non-business purposes (gaming or social networking), so the tablets should be properly locked.
Mobile device management systems efficiently solve all these tasks.
Benefits of Headwind MDM
The installation of Headwind MDM (Enterprise edition) on the tablets of a manufacturing or wholesale company would improve the overall productivity of merchandisers:
– Tablets are locked: only required applications are installed;
– Access to device settings is disabled so users aren’t able to break the device;
– Business software is up to date on all devices;
– The device status can be observed online;
– Users’ locations can be tracked and compared with the planned daily schedule.
The installation of a mobile device management system may save up to 4-8 hours of use by unskilled staff (merchandisers) and up to 1-2 (average) hours of use by qualified engineers per month per device.